Auditions will take place in blocks of time. You must be present for the entire block as within each block there will be singing and script reading for those characters. Depending on the character for which you are trying out, you may need to be present for more than one block. Bring a drink (like water).
Anyone auditioning for a lead role on Tuesday is automatically considered for a role in one of the ensemble groups.
Peter Pan Jr based on the book by Sir J.M. Barrie
Music by Morris (Moose) Charlap and Jule Styne
Lyrics by Carolyn Leigh with Betty Camden and Adolph Green
Director Janet Ness
Music Director Janis Stone
Producer Andrée Day
Tuesday, June 20
Auditions for Mr. Darling, Mrs. Darling, Wendy, Michael, John.
Please be prepared to sing the song “Tender Shepherd”.
Auditions for Peter Pan with Wendy, Michael, John
Please be prepared to sing part of the song “I’m Flying”.
Auditions for Peter Pan, Tiger Lily. Please be prepared to sing part of the song “Ugh-a-Wug”.
YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE MUSIC.
(We will run through each song as a group before you audition.) Auditions for Captain Hook, Smee (with Peter Pan reading) Please be prepared to sing part of the song "Hook’s Waltz". NO NEED TO MEMORIZE ANY SONG. YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE MUSIC. (We will run through each song as a group before you audition.)
Thursday, June 22
4:30-6:30 (a 2 hour Block)
Auditions for all ensemble roles of Lost Boys, Brave Girls and Pirates. You must be present for the entire 2 hours.
We will teach you sections of “I Won’t Grow Up” – Lost Boys, “Ugh-a-Wug” –Brave Girls and “Hook’s Waltz” –Pirates. You will be singing in a variety of groups. You will be reading a variety of small parts from the show.
*Please bring a small snack and a drink this night as we will have a break halfway through.
- - Some parts may be double cast.
- - Peter Pan is to be played by a girl.
- - Captain Hook and Smee may be played by a boy or a girl.
- - Lost Boys and Pirates may be played by boys or girls.
- - Brave Girls may only be girls.
- - Nana the dog and the Crocodile may be played by a boy or a girl.
- - All other minor speaking and singing parts of Liza, 6 of the lost boys and 6 of the pirates will be assigned in September.
- - Rehearsals start Thursday, September 7.
- - Rehearsal times are Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30-7:00 and Sundays 1:00-5:00. You must be present at all the rehearsals for which you are scheduled. We only have 9 weeks to rehearse.
- - Please fill out the online audition form. You may choose more than one character to audition for, but then you must be present during all those audition blocks.
- - When you come for your audition please bring a small current picture of yourself that we can attach to your form.
- - Please dress appropriately. You may be required to do some simplified dance movement.
- - Ages 10-18 may audition. *The songs can be found on YOUTUBE.